I’m passionate about caring for females. Helping females to find balance and health in their lives.
On a mission to provide the best healing services for my female patients I felt drawn to pelvic floor training. I knew from doing my personal energy work that my pelvic floor and root chakra held a dynamic key for healing and letting go. So I share with you my journey and knowledge on Holistic Pelvic Care™.
What is Holistic Pelvic Care™?
HPC is a holistic healing modality that involves physical internal pelvic floor (vaginal ) work combined with energy work to create balance and healing in the pelvic bowl. The female pelvic muscles form a bowl to support the uterus and ovaries. These muscles are integral for urinary function, bowel function, and sexual function. But there’s so much more than the physical work of these muscles.
Like any other muscle in the body, our pelvic floor muscles can hold tension and stress. Tension and stress from even daily chronic stress, world events, childbirth and past trauma stress.
HPC founder Tami Kent is a Portland based Physical Therapist and author of three books: Wild Feminine, Mothering From Your Center, Wild Creative. I am honored to have had the opportunity to participate in Tami’s HPC training in March of 2019. During this intensive training, I experienced profound healing leaps. And took another big step in setting more boundaries in my life to reclaim my energy. I accepted a need to be nurtured more not just from myself but others. So much more than physical outcomes came from my pelvic care sessions.
I’m convinced that every women can benefit from Holistic Pelvic Care™. So convinced that I am designating part of my clinical time to offer this service.
What are the symptoms of imbalance in the pelvic bowl?
- Pelvic congestion: heaviness in the pelvis and down the legs around menstrual cycles
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Painful intercourse
- PMS/Hormone imbalance
- Weakness in the pelvic muscles
- Low libido, difficulty to orgasm
- Fatigue, low energy, feeling like others drain your energy
What are the benefits of Holistic Pelvic Care™?
- Creating balance in the pelvic bowl muscles
- Relax pelvic muscles and reduce pelvic congestion
- Eliminate urinary incontinence
- Heal the body from difficult or traumatic birth
- Support the body to heal from pregnancy loss or abortion
- Facilitate blood flow and hormone balance
- Enhance fertility
- Increase sexual health, libido and orgasm
- Support postpartum healing
- Enhance root wisdom/balancing of our root chakra (safety, grounding)
- Promote self care and healthy boundaries
- Increased energy and vitality with a sense of security
How can I get this therapy?
I’m excited to bring this therapy to Bend, Oregon! I’m passionate about helping women create healthy boundaries and live the healthiest life possible. In 2019 I brought back well woman care to my practice and now Holistic Pelvic Care™ is a part of my routine Well Woman Exams. If you find benefits from your initial treatment, one should book follow up visits every other week for just 2-3 weeks. I also recommend reading Tami’s books where she walks you through some home practice exercises. Having an annual check in on your pelvic floor health, energy balance and emotions stored in the pelvic bowl are highly recommended as part of a good self care plan.
~Pelvic Floor Blessings~